Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Show me Your Wisdom Oh Great One


Our new washer and dryer were delivered today.  Lucky us, they broke again and this time we decided it was time to send them away and get new ones.  Ben was at school but Jack was lucky enough to be home for the big reveal.

I love how kids get so excited about new things coming into the home even though they may not be as exciting for the adults.  I remember one Christmas Santa brought new bathmats, curtains, and towels for our bathrooms and I am pretty sure my brother and I were just as excited about the bathrooms as we were about our toys.  It was nice to see Jack so excited about the new appliances especially because we were not so excited to buy them!

Jack worked tirelessly alongside Don to get them set up and they came with an unexpected bonus.  A long strip of white fabric.  Yes, this ended up being the star of the show.

Jack and I picked Ben up at the bus and Jack excitedly told Ben of the delivery so we all rushed in the house to see the new beauties which have come to be called the silver bullets.  Ben did wish that they were gold in color so I made a promise that the next ones would be gold, a little white lie.  I am a little excited to give them their first work out but perhaps not as excited as Ben was to see the white strip of fabric.  Not too sure what the fabric had to do with the washer and dryer but somehow it ended up here during the delivery.

Ben immediately saw that the white strip was a karate belt and suited Jack up for his first lesson.  Ben has been in karate for a year and a half now and he has come so far.  We think he may even be trading up to his yellow belt soon-fingers crossed!

So the lesson began with my wise old 7 year old running his little brother through the stretching and the karate moves.  My heart swelled to see how much wisdom Ben had to give and how eager his little brother was to receive it.  Don and I both wish for them to be the best of friends when they get older and I think a good foundation for that wish has been laid at this point.  This afternoon's lesson proved it to me, sweet boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment